CONTINUUM : Lady Cop trapped in the past?

If I can travel to the past, it would be a privilege, but what if you are sent back to a past that you do not know or recognize? I was born in the 70s, and it can be quite a mess if I am sent back to the ... say ... 40s. Nah, it's World War 2, crappy. How about ,say, the 60s? So many things would not be available, it would be useless even if I am having my cell phone with me ... my Data Plan won't work! 50s would have half the world, especially Asia, recovering from World War 2 and many countries would have been economically busted or recovering. My mum was still a baby and my dad is in his teens!

SEASON ONE : The series start with a group of terrorists being sentenced for taking out thousands of lives and an entire building - just to kill 20 people. How can you punish people like that? Killing them a thousand times won't even do!

You are going to be a tough nut living in an unrecognizable past, and this is what CPS policewoman Kiera Cameron did. Season 1 showed how she pulled (many) strings and convince the 2012 VPD (Vancouver Police Department) to take her in as one of them, which was rather easy from the looks of it. And she is going to need a lot of help.

SEASON TWO : The plot thickens when the head of the terrorists killed himself on his 'birthday' ...

I would not dare to mess with my past even if I am sent back. Many would say to right wrongs, mend relationships, even revenge, but many other things can go really, really wrong. 'Continuum' gives you that scenario, from many points of view. This series have a rather simple plot really ... bad guys planning to take over the Government and corporations to right wrongs, but in return they become the bad guys. And girls.

What they DID NOT plan was, the lady cop, Kiera.

Happy viewing!

Comments

Popular Posts