I released my 3-year old pet turtle into a pond


I released my 3-year old pet red eared slider turtle today 20-11-2021. I have him when he was a baby together with another slider, and he have grown really quick and become very fierce and territorial, to the point I have to separate him from his tank mate because they were fighting over food and rest area in a seemingly large aquarium. The time has come for me to release him back into the wild - he was very reluctant at first, but quickly swam away when he realize he might be able to have the entire pond for himself.

Meanwhile back at home, his former tank mate was very relaxed, seemingly at ease that his childhood bully is finallygone - he slept in the afternoon and was very cheerful later on. I plan to keep this one for a while since he is very well behave and far less crazy compare to his pal. Sliders have a way of telling you, "I don't wanna be here anymore, let me go!"

I bet every slider misses nature.

Comments

Popular Posts